A couple of weeks ago I came across a woman’s blog who shared ten things she said she would never do as a parent but now does. I tried to find the link so you all could read it. Great writer. Anyways, I decided to do my own list of things I said I would never do as a parent that I find myself doing.
1. I will never fight with my wife in front of the kids.
2. I will never talk or play with my phone at the dinner table when my family is present. And I will always eat dinner at the dinner table and never have the tv on during a meal.
3. I will only discipline out of love and not anger.
4. I will not go crazy about boys because parents who are too strict about boys and everything else drive girls to dance on poles when they go to college or to make an appearance on Girls Gone Wild.
5. No matter how many kids I have I will not let the younger ones get away with anything. My strictness would be consistent for every child for all times. They will all be treated the same.
6. I will never use baby talk. I will speak like an intelligent person to my kids regardless of their age and I will never change my voice or sound like a different person (like the Wiggles men do).
7. I will never let the kids watch The Wiggles. Never. No matter how tired I am. No matter how much work I need to get done.
8. I will not take pictures of them in the bathtub especially if there is more than one in the tub.
9. I will never lie to them. I will only tell them the truth every time. Is there a Santa Claus…truth. Did you study a lot…truth.
10. I will not tell stories about them in public without their permission.